Running from Denver to Durango, the ~500 mile Colorado Trail was my main summer adventure in 2008. My girlfriend at the time and I spent a casual 40 days making miles to our eventual finish.
The first memories that come up include:
- Pouring rain that went straight through our under-performing lightweight tent.
- Almost being hit by a falling tree while asleep in said tent.
- My hiking partner mostly not enjoying herself. It made it hard for me to fully enjoy it too.
- The dead forests of the Rockies. It’s very sad.
- The stunning scenery, great towns and lovely walking.
- Someone organizing a rendezvous the next day to bring us coffee and maps at a remote dirt road.
- My friend unexpectedly picking us up at the terminus.
My Colorado Trail Slideshow